Data Quality Editor
Headquarters: Redwood City, CA
Born from the belief that great things come to those who cook, Yummly provides limitless inspiration, with the tools to make it happen—from recipe discovery to prep to perfect results. Just as appliances removed the most cumbersome chores, the next tipping point in daily life is upon us in the food space. A system of personalized discovery that learns you better to serve you better, so the question “what’s for dinner?” is answered before it’s even asked.
Yummly has grown to over 25M registered users and our mobile apps are consistently the #1 recipe apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows. Next on the menu? Building the connected kitchen of the future.
Yummly has an opportunity for a Data Manager to join our food-obsessed team.
Join the Yummly Data Team in making our users believe in the magic of what we do -- understanding their personal food preferences. We want you to become an integral part of building and perfecting Yummly’s Food Genome, recommendations, and search.
As a Data Quality Editor:
- Your goal is to curate Yummly’s knowledge bases in order to improve the quality of data-powered systems.
- You have a strong drive to find anomalies in data sets, the curiosity to try new ideas and a desire to look for the best way to improve our data across the organization.
- You yearn to become a subject matter expert on every aspect of the organization’s data and its effect on applications, business, and users and become the person team members seek out for answers.
- You strive to automate and streamline manual processes through tool definition (and even development).
- Define, build, and manage scalable workflows using 3rd party teams and tools.
- Collaborate with our Data Science team to assess quality and identify problems in Yummly’s machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision systems, and curate data to improve them.
- Define internal tools and processes that allow you to work on the granular level of improving Yummly's food genome including ingredients, nutrition, attributes, recipes, images as well on large data sets
- Be challenged to work both analytically and tactically in support of every aspect of the Yummly platform and company.
- 2+ years: Data curation, building data editing and quality processes including the use of external teams (Upwork, Turk) and tools (Zapier); defining data management tools; tagging data and creating taxonomies and ontologies
- Excellent understanding of the effect of data on downstream applications and user experience.
- Strong SQL experience.
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in library science.
- Data modeling, ETL, data pipeline development experience
- Experience with cleaning, integrating, and maintaining diverse data sources
- Experience with analytics and reporting tools (Google Analytics, Looker, Tableau)
And a little more about us:
At Yummly, we are a team of talented and diverse technology professionals on a mission to rule the kitchen. We've seen great success using machine learning and artificial intelligence to make cooking fun, easy, and personalized. Our iOS and Android apps have 4.5+ star reviews, millions of downloads, and many awards (download and give it a try!).
We were recently acquired by Whirlpool, the world’s largest home appliance maker. Together, we have appetizing aspirations to build the fully-connected kitchen of the future.
We're located in a beautiful, modern office in downtown Redwood City, a few minutes’ walk from Caltrain. Please talk to us if you have a love for data, hard problems, and food!