Application Engineer- Machine Vision
Omron Automation and Safety
Headquarters: Nashville, TN, USA
Application Engineer- Machine Vision
Omron Automation is looking for an energetic and focused Machine Vision Application Engineer to support the Southeast Territory. The key areas of focus are pre-sales support, solution development, and post-sales support of Omron Machine Vision products at customers, integrators, and channel partners throughout the region. We are recruiting for candidates in the Nashville, Tennessee territory.
- Support sales team in Pre and Post Sales activities with Omron Vision products and industry expertise that is in alignment with our Global Industry Strategy.
- Presale support at customer /system integrator meetings for higher complexity solutions.
- Provide product training for Omron Account Managers to support a more intuitive knowledge of Omron Vision products and capabilities.
- Conduct Product Training for distributor Application Engineers to make them more self-sufficient and supportive to the Omron vision effort.
- Continue to train and become familiar with the Omron Vision platform. Strive to become the "Go To" resource for vision opportunities in the region.
- Proactively reach out to the sales team to get involved in existing as well as new opportunities.
- Responsible for self-development -- maintaining knowledge on current and new technologies.
- Establish yourself as the technical contact at key vision customers, and follow up on technical needs.
- Site survey and development of BOM requirements for opportunities and vision sample evaluations / POC.
- Highlight Omron's advantages over competitors through successful demonstration and implementation of the machine Vision technology.
- Post-sales support to include machine start up and troubleshooting
- Provide regular (daily) and accurate reporting in SF.com related to Pre-Sale and Post-Sale engineering hours.
- Identify opportunities for learning and work with your manager to schedule training
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner
- Represent the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field from a four year college or technical school.
- Ten (10) to fifteen years (15) of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the following products: Machine Vision Systems (Controllers, Software, Cameras, Lenses, and Lighting), andPLC/HMI interface (hardware, software)
- A strong opinion of what lenses and lighting are needed to service customers in the attempt to reach them.
- Very strong documentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with knowledge of the sales process (when to walk away, when to apply resources for a difficult but solvable strategic application). Familiarity with C++/C#/VB.NET as custom processing items or HMI will require this knowledge
- Preference for applicants with the following skills: Ability to set up and perform as a Omron vision expert in a field / home office setting. Creative in developing a field office vision support lab to conduct vision testing POC.
- Energetic, aggressive, focused and a highly motivated self-starter.
- A strong personal desire to win.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong organizational skills.
- Team player mentality but able to work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
*******2014-2016 National Best and Brightest Company to Work For!
*******2013-2017 Winner for one of the 75 Best Places to Work in Illinois!
*******2011-2017 Winner for one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago!
Omron Automation - Americas is a leading global manufacturer of industrial automation products focused on sensing and control technologies. We serve OEM machine builders and end users with a wide range of products that integrate easily into complete automation solutions, offer simple connectivity, and are backed by solid support services. Our extensive product groups which are primarily manufactured overseas include programmable controllers, robotics, servo motors and drives, operator interfaces, temperature controllers, sensors, inspection and machine vision systems, RFID track and trace systems, safety devices, and software.
Omron Automation -- Americas, headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, is the Americas industrial automation subsidiary of Omron Corporation, a $8 billion global technology company celebrating more than 80 years of success. Led by a management team where each member has 20+ years of experience in Industrial Automation, we are a midsize firm with a corporate culture of challenge, ethics and innovation. As we strive to grow the company and our market share, this position offers the potential to make a solid impact on the organization.
Omron's corporate core value of "working for the benefit of society" applies to our unique technical competencies in the areas of industrial automation, safety, security, environmental protection and healthcare in pursuit of a brighter future for all. As a corporate citizen that has long recognized and encouraged the importance of giving back to local communities and helping those less fortunate, Omron has demonstrated this over the years by designing a manufacturing facility which employs the disabled, making donations to aide those impacted by natural disasters, and sponsoring an annual Founders Day in which employees volunteer in the local communities across the globe
Our Commitment to Employees:
- Company Culture defined as a fast paced, multi-tasking, team focused empowerment of employees, creative, innovative and open communication type organization.
- Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career at Omron.
- Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
- Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
- Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
- Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions,
- On Site Flu shots and Health Screenings.
Omron Automation- Americas is an equal opportunity employer.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled