Operations Researcher, Supply Chain
Headquarters: Seattle, WA
Operations Researcher, Supply Chain - 329245
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. As an integral part of a new Advanced Analytics team, the individual will be responsible for implementing a new, innovative and highly collaborative cross-functional analytics program, by leveraging, extending and introducing new organizational capabilities and technology assets.
At Nordstrom, providing great customer service goes beyond the selling floor. It takes a team of individuals with different talents and skills to continuously improve service and our results. Our Advanced Analytics team works in partnership with other areas of the Company to develop insights, algorithms, and data products that support decision making, products, and technologies used throughout Nordstrom. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal candidate is a creative and passionate problem-solver who thinks big, acts quickly, and is motivated to develop new approaches to optimizing Nordstrom’s business using quantitative techniques and cutting-edge technology.
- Engage broadly with the business to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where analytic projects or tools can have the biggest impact on Nordstrom’s business
- Perform Data Analysis on large scale data sets (involving Millions of rows of data) in the context of retail and supply chain operations.
- Perform large-scale optimization and statistical research, analysis, and modeling in the areas of web analytics, supply chain optimization, and forecasting
- Communicate insights and recommend areas for further data discovery
- Design optimization algorithms, working with colleagues to develop and deploy useful data products and data driven software as required
- PhD degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent education and experience required
- 1 + years hands-on work experience in applying Optimization/Statistics in solving supply chain problems such as network planning, transportation, inventory optimization, and/or forecasting highly preferred.
- Curiosity to discover hidden insights in large volumes of retail and supply chain data to identify actionable items.
- Extensive experience using SQL in a variety of RDMS environments
- Intermediate experience with optimization software such as Gurobi, Cplex, or Xpress.
- Scripting skills in Bash and at least one analytic programming language (e.g. R or Python)
- Experience working with NoSQL data environments and tools such as Hadoop, Spark, DynamoDB is a plus
- A solid grasp of the Scientific Method and its application in Data Science
- Fluency with statistical and machine learning algorithms such as decision trees, neural networks, collaborative filtering, clustering, survival analysis, graph theory, etc.
- Knowledge and experience working with cloud computing solutions such as AWS, Azure
- Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau, d3.js, Shiny
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job : Analytics
Date Posted : 01/24/2018, 5:02:18 PM
Location : United States-Washington-Seattle