Headquarters: Redmond, WA
Are you a self-motivated person who is passionate about delivering services & solutions that delight our international customers? Do you believe that the process of adapting software and content to international needs should be completed in a matter of hours, not days, for any given platform and content type? Do you want to explore new engineering solutions that will rely on Automated Translation, Machine Learning & Direct Customer Feedback at the core of it? If so, join the Office Global Services & Experience (GSX) team! We are the team that delivered many of the current “One Microsoft” International Solutions and we are now starting a new wave of investments focused on automated translation, data-driven decisions & customer focused services.
Office is changing rapidly, transforming its legacy codebase into a collection of services and client applications that deliver modern productivity and collaboration experiences across a member network. The GSX team owns part of this transformation, with focus on the international User Experience, from the development of app features to the design of a modern and automated localization pipeline. Most of our engineering solutions are used companywide and developed in collaboration with other International Engineering teams to ensure efficiency and broad adoption.
- Drive Engineering initiatives, using experimentation and data to drive decisions
- Partner with C+E and WDG International and gain a deep understanding of how they get their work done.
- Design International Engineering Solutions that can reduce manual touchpoints & simplify the overall workflow while also making it compatible with different localization business models such as community, Gig Economy and traditional suppliers
- Stay up-to-date with engineering best practices, technologies and techniques across the industry and cross-group within Microsoft
- Push Office requirements to the One Microsoft International Engineering vision
- Bachelor’s degree required in CS or Engineering.
Other Qualifications and Skills:
- One or two years’ experience in a software company as a program manager or software engineer is a plus.
- Passion for representing our customers and being their advocate
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and synthetize them into technical specifications
- Excellent cross-discipline collaboration and influence skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate business problems, alternatives, and product strategy
- Proven technical skills and independence
- Passion for AI technologies like Machine Learning or Machine Translation
- Experience making decisions based on data and metrics
- Experience defining, measuring, innovating and driving change in software projects
- Deep passion for technology, efficiency, quality and customer experience
- Ability to concisely frame problems and design simple solutions
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]