Headquarters: Rochester, NY
The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing modern web based applications to support Health Management Systems (HMS) and advanced analytic solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, the design, development, test, maintenance and improvement of software. The successful candidate will work closely with and support other Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Engineering subject matter experts to design and implement web applications that deliver timely and valuable business insights.
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical field
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- 2-4 years software development experience with at least one general purpose programming language (Java, C#, Python)
- Experience with the full software lifecycle: designing, developing, testing, maintaining and improving software
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including distributed version control and agile development techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain the trade-offs between possible software solutions
- Extremely good problem solving and organizational skills
- Passion and ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Familiarity with modern web technologies such as Bootstrap, AngularJS, Node.js, LESS, JSON, REST and NoSQL
- Familiarity with software development tools such as JIRA, Git, NuGet, npm, Bower, Gulp, Yeoman and CI environments
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Rochester New York