Headquarters: Golden, CO
This is a cross functional position with significant responsibility and opportunity to shape the future direction of our team. The selected candidate will work with our Data Scientists and Software Delivery Teams to code within SQL Server to collect, store, validate and process large datasets in a Microsoft SQL Server environment. This position will be part of a small analytical team working on quantitative software products and services so experience working in a product development environment is desired. Successful candidates will be very analytical and detail-oriented to ensure a stable, repeatable, and accurate production data stream. Successful candidates will also enjoy a highly independent work environment where they can take a high level of ownership of their accomplishments.
You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks.
- Develop and execute T-SQL code to facilitate data movements and ETL processing
- Develop and execute stored procedures to report on processing statuses and data conditions
- Design and code workflows, create database releases, and optimize production data pipelines to ensure data accuracy
- Perform hands on data research to provide insights and uncover potential data issues
- Map data feeds and combine them with third party content ensuring consistency
- Develop data processing T-SQL Code with a focus on consistency, reliability, and accuracy
- Develop and code operational processes to automatically report on data conditions and KPIs during processing
- Be a part of fast moving development teams using agile methodologies
- 8+ years of professional database solution development with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong Analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear, robust, and accurate solutions
- Strong data debugging skills
- 5+ years of experience working within the full lifecycle SDLC as part of a software product and operations team environment
- Experience developing SQL scripts, data processing processes, and performance tuning quantitative queries
- Superior organizational and end to end delivery skills in an Agile environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities with proactive communication in mind
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with development and business teams based on a proactive communication style
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment
- Experience working on quantitative software products
- An outstanding academic record with a focus on Energy, Science, Math, and Engineering or similar.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, oral, and phone communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders to ensure buy-in and adoption of technology solutions
- Self-motivated to continuously improve technical and professional skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
- United States-Colorado-Golden