Senior Software Engineer, Data Products
Headquarters: Redwood City, CA
About the team
Evernote was built to help people and teams capture, nurture, and share ideas. We believe that no idea is too big to handle or too small to matter and help millions of people every single day be more productive.
As a member of the Engineering team, you will design and build Evernote’s next-generation data products and infrastructure. You will be owning part of the system that enables building data-driven product features on top of a highly robust data and machine learning platform.
You will play with newest data technologies, come up with creative solutions, facilitate making high-level architectural decisions and build innovative product features.
What you'll do
- You will lead the implementation of different product features built atop the data and machine learning infrastructure end-to-end involving multi-functional team members.
- Operationalize the platform to meet the SLA required by the end product. Add metrics and monitoring to track health and performance, improve and optimize as needed.
- You will architect, implement and improve the infrastructure to support data and AI powered products. Build a machine learning platform designed for feature engineering, model building, training, and validation.
- Design, build and maintain efficient and reliable real-time data pipelines to process data in transit and to move them across systems.
- Build rapid "proof of concepts" involving state of the art cloud and/or open source data and ML tools and technologies. Evaluate and benchmark the success of the prototypes through proper instrumentation and reporting reflecting key performance indicators.
What you've done
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience working with data at scale, especially with distributed systems
- Experience with at least one object-oriented language like Java and one scripting language like Python
- You have experience with network programming and relational databases
- Experience with Spark, server-side programming and/or microservices will be plus
- You are able to communicate complex concepts clearly and accurately
- Willingness to learn new technologies, tools, and approaches to problem-solving
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.