Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Esurance has created a centralized data science group that is responsible for helping business units make objective decisions using science. The Group supports overall business operations by delivering critical analytical insights and in-depth consultative analyses. This group also develops applications/ platforms that are used to deploy analytics in real time.
- Working with business stakeholders to deeply understand business problems and pain points
- Developing algorithms and predictive models using large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Collaborating with internal technology team to deploy solutions for real-time decisions
- Designing experiments to determine efficacy of solutions.
- Providing on-going performance monitoring of decision systems and statistical models
- Excellent knowledge of a high-level language for statistical and scientific computing (R, Python or similar)
- Extensive experience in data management and data scrubbing
- Strong aptitude towards math and programming
- Ability to communicate complex information in a way that is clear and easily understood
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent education/experience required; PhD or Master degree preferred.
- 2+ years relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
- Experience deploying machine-learning techniques for dimensionality reduction, regression, clustering, and classification to solve real-world problems.