Headquarters: Nashville, TN 37219, USA
Asurion is seeking for Data Scientists to join our Data Science team. An individual in this role identifies and addresses complex business problems. Designs and drives the creation of new data products and analytical capabilities embedded in multiple business applications. Gathers and analyzes large volumes of data, evaluates scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and supports decision making. Comfortable in using advanced statistical data modeling techniques and tools
Role and Responsibilities:
• Uses business acumen to solution strategy and roadmap problems and make best practice recommendations.
• Responsible for using analytic techniques like advanced data visualizations, machine learning, Natural Language Processing and large scale optimization to improve Asurion’s wireless and retail customers’ experiences.
• Work closely with product managers to identify and answer important product questions that help improve outcomes
• Interpret problems and provide solutions using appropriate data modeling techniques
• Develop prototypes for new data product ideas
• Design large scale models using Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Conjoint Analysis, Spatial models, Time-series models , and Machine Learning algorithms
• Utilize Natural Language Processing to analyze speech and social data
• Communicate findings to product managers and development groups
• Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data
• Analyze and interpret the results of product experiments
• Regularly invents new and novel approaches to problems; Takes initiative and breaks down barriers to solve problems; recognized within team as the source of solutions.
• Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from multiple sources
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
• Master's or PhD preferably in an engineering, statistics, technology or science role.
• Analytics - Familiarity with common advanced analysis tools - SQL, Python, R, SAS are preferred.
• Solid statistical knowledge. Familiarity with hypothesis testing, experimental design and time series.
• Demonstrate familiarity (work experience, open-source projects on GitHub) with OOP concepts. Python, Java, Scala skills is a big plus.
• Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP experience and also working in Hadoop and/or Spark environment.
• Ability to ask and tackle the most important analytical questions with a view on driving product impact.
• Result-driven and focused self-starters, great communicators that follows through on every initiative.
• Love the responsibility of being individually empowered
Simply put, Asurion helps people stay connected. As the global leader of connected life services, we provide over 290 million consumers around the world with simple, intuitive technology advice to help them get the most from their devices; support to fix their issues and connectivity crisis, and device protection to ensure they receive a replacement or repair. When a product is missing or simply doesn't work properly, Asurion’s 17,000 employees are focused on solving the problem with people and processes operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, speaking six languages, and working across any device, platform, or provider. By partnering with leading retailers, mobile carriers and pay-tv providers, Asurion helps customers enhance their lives through their technology. For more information about Asurion, please visit www.asurion.com
PRO00637 | Nashville | Tennessee | US | 2018/02/13