Principal Technical Program Manager
Headquarters: Seattle, WA
Want to disrupt an industry by delighting customers? Looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services? Come be a leader on a team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center be taking calls in minutes. With Amazon Connect you can leverage the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
We have a rapidly growing customer base and an exciting charter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate and talented Technical Program Manager to join us, to innovate on this new service that addresses customer needs to build modern contact centers in the cloud. The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scalable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
Industry analysts have said, “Amazon Connect is quietly positioned to massively disrupt by enabling companies to focus on customer service, not service centers.” and “Amazon is totally disrupting the customer contact center space as they have many other marketspaces with customer-centric solutions with open platform integration with assistance from the partner community.”
As a developer on our team, you’ll own code end-to-end from design to development, and work closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. You’ll have a sound understanding of computer science fundamentals and practical industry experience, working across the stack with technology involving modern web, SOA, NoSQL databases, AI, ML, Big Data and more.
What is in it for you?
- Team culture : You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
- Impact : Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
- Gratification : You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
- Critical and Fast: This is a strategic new business for AWS, and we are moving fast, really fast.
- Ownership : You will quickly become responsible for key components of the service, and drive what and how to build them.
- Learn & Grow: If want to learn and grow with challenges of a designing and building a large-scale fault tolerant systems – this is an opportunity of a life time.
- Innovate : We learn from our customers and invent every day on their behalf.
- Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution, and specifically at Amazon Connect, we are changing the way customers think about contact centers.
- Have fun: Surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun and autonomous environment.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here .
Media coverage on Amazon Connect:
Power of Amazon Connect:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years of project management experience; preferably within a product team, professional services firm or similar environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with enterprise customers designing and implementing infrastructure and/or application management products and services.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Prior working experience in a Software Development Team.
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
- An understanding of Web Services, AWS, and/or Cloud Computing.
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness.
- Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid “analysis paralysis”).
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.).