Sr. Product Manager - Vertical Solution Architect - HPC / Deep Learning
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Headquarters: Fairport, NY
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Sr. Product Manager will develop and maintain a critical understanding of HPC and deep learning market leader OEMs / Cloud System Providers and will translate priorities into the AMD roadmap and future product development. The Sr. Product Manager will oversee and manage communication regarding technology and product trends, and will provide advice and direction to key internal stakeholders that will drive strategy and growth in the HPC / Deep Learning market segments.
- Develop innovative SW system architectures to solve the chalenging problems in deep learning; performance, interoperability and efficiency.
- Analyze trade-offs in system performance, cost and power.
- Analyze the interaction between hardware and software in modern architectures and the impact on HPC / Deep Learning algorithms, programming models and applications
- Work closely with vendors to understand and identify current and emerging needs
- Use technical information from internal and external sources to develop influence roadmap feature differentiation that will lead to market competitiveness, and ultimately to growth in market share
- Work closely with AMD Engineering teams to maximize product performance, innovation, and competitive positioning
- Identify market trends and potential partner or acquisition targets to maximize capabilities and products
- Act as product spokesperson for AMD
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical equivalent degree
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive industry experience
- Have a solid understanding of the leading machine learning workflows/frameworks
- Experience working with global HPC vendors
- Experience in market analysis, identification of emerging trends, and integration of these into a technology roadmap
- Proven track record of creativity and innovation
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), collaboration and influencing skills; you are comfortable presenting to different audiences
- Strong project management skills and can influence and project manager global cross functional teams
- You thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You are a strategic thinker and have a high level of integrity and strong work ethic
Requisition Number: 52061
Country: United States State: New York City: Fairport
Job Function: Business Marketing
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.