Enterprise Data Architect Lead
Headquarters: Charlotte, NC
WHO OUR CLIENT IS:
- Multi-billion-dollar manufacturer of specialty products
- Over 10,000 global employees
- Progressive IT organization with a belief that employees and practices are a significant driver of business growth
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS ROLE:
- Opportunity to be a leader and driver in the SAP S/4 role out for a 4+ Billion-dollar leader in its space.
- Ability to make an impact by leading projects and ERP integrations
- Environment where you will be continually challenged to improve practices and efficiencies
- High visibility across the organization and interaction with high-level executives to influence change and ideas. Extensive communication with CIO and CFO along with plant leadership across the US and International.
WHERE THIS IS LOCATED:
- Charlotte, NC – 40% Global Travel year 1
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Serve as a liaison between the business (regional and corporate), global Business Technology (BT), and Analytics teams to represent all aspects of Data Management and Data Governance.
- Responsible for all data relevant to the new SAP Enterprise Resource Planning software solutions being implemented and its integration to other best of breed systems.
- Define vision, strategy and principles for managing and interacting with data.
- Lead and coach the Data Development teams globally.
- Define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, storing, searching and delivering all data across the organization.
- Develop and implement the comprehensive enterprise data strategies; including data modeling, implementation and data management for Enterprise Data Warehouse and advanced data analytics systems.
- Responsible for planning and implementing data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships and advanced Data Analytics systems all in accordance with the comprehensive enterprise data strategy.
- Gather requirements, gain business and Information Technology alignment, perform vendor and product evaluations, mentor business and Information Technology resources.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure end-to-end technical and business viability.
- Ensure the successful delivery of solutions, training and documentation.
- Provide leadership in establishing operational and analytic environments.
- Maintain, communicate and enforce guidelines for industry recognized best practices of all aspects of data and database development efforts.
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Data Modelling, or Mathematics, Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing Master data for Enterprise Resource Planning implementations (specifically SAP).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of Manufacturing / Supply Chain industry experience in Information Technology.
- Extensive experience collecting business requirements from customers and transforming the requirements into business solutions.
- Ability to quickly engage, understand and acclimate to the organization’s current enterprise data environments: specifically, for new SAP Enterprise Resource Planning software solution implementation (Customer, Supplier, Parts/ Products, BOMs, Routing, Labor, Chart of Accounts).
- Ability to grasp an accurate big-picture understanding of the needs of the business and develop and convey a vision and appropriate and robust solution.
- Strong understanding and experience implementing Master Data Management and improving data quality.
- Solid understanding of data architecture and data modeling techniques.
- Structured thinker and effective communicator with proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations and comfortable interacting with customers.
- Experience consuming/exposing data in various ways, including: Application Program Interface (API), Business Intelligence (BI) Tools and Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Ability to reverse engineer existing data flows and source to target mappings.